How to Disable Pop-ups in Safari
Pop-up windows are annoying, but they can also be dangerous. Some pop-up ads are pornographic, and some link to malware. Ninety-nine percent of the time, you're better off to adjust your Web browser's settings so that you never have to deal with pop-up windows in the first place. (Some sites require pop-up windows to work correctly, but on sites where this is the case, you'll usually get a message asking you if you'd like to disable your pop-up blocker temporarily.)
(1) Go to the Safari menu and click on Preferences.
(2) Click on the Security tab. Check the box labeled Block pop-up windows.
(3) If you ever visit a site that requires the use of pop-ups, uncheck the Block pop-up windows box.
Windows users can enable or disable pop-ups with the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+K. However, this gives no indication of whether or not pop-ups are currently disabled.
(1) Go to the settings menu in the upper-right corner.
(2) Scroll down and click the option Block Pop-Up Windows. You should see a check mark appear next to this choice now, indicating that pop-ups are now being blocked.
(3) If you ever visit a site that requires the use of pop-ups, uncheck the Block Pop-Up Windows option.