Atlantica Online is a MMORPG (Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game). The game genre is fantasy, with a teen-rating due to blood, fantasy violence, mild language, mild suggestive themes, and the use of alcohol and tobacco.
Atlantica Online does not allow any person under the age of 13 to sign up for their game usage, as it is against the law to ask for personal information of anyone under the age of 13.
Concerns for Parents
- As mentioned earlier, the game does contain themes that are inappropriate for young children and may be deemed inappropriate by some parents for older children.
- As with any online game, a person can run into vulgarity from other players, as well as cyberbullying.
- Solicitation of personal information by other players is also a potential factor.
- Online gaming addiction is a concern with any online game.
It should be noted that Atlantica Online does not condone the solicitation of personal information, nor does it allow players to use profanity.
How Can I Keep My Child Safe?
- As Atlantic Online states in its Terms of Service, “It is highly suggested that parents or legal guardians educate their children about online conduct, specifically including but not limited to, never revealing, distributing, or otherwise communicating their personal identifying information such as real names, images, addresses, or phone numbers without parental or guardian permission when using the Internet.” This parental interaction between parent and child can help the parent better decide if what their child is playing is appropriate or not.
- Atlantica Online also offers information on how to remove a child's account if they are underage or if a parent deems the game inappropriate for their child to play.
- If necessary, the website Atlantica Online can be blocked from the web browser in the parental controls section of the browser.