What is Norton Ghost?
Norton Ghost 15.0 has the following features: 3
- Cold Imaging: Allows you to back things up without installing Ghost.
- Blu-Ray Backup: Backs data up to a Blu-ray disc (25 GB per disc)
- Enhanced Data Protection: Windows 7 and Bitlocker support enhances data protection by using drive encryption and integrity checks
- Symantec ThreatCon: Automatically backs up files when ThreatCon (A Symantec research organization) reaches a certain threat level
- Full System Back Up: Uses disk image to back up everything on your computer to a hard drive or partition
- File and Folder Back Up: You can select which files you want to back up, instead of backing up everything on the computer
- File Backup Search: Allow you to select back up files by searching for a file type (photos, word documents, audio files, etc.)
- Incremental Back Up Copies: Only recopies files that have changed; this make the back up process faster
- Backup Triggers: Will automatically back files up when certain (You customize this option) events happen, like large increases in data storage.
- Offsite Backup Copies: Backup recovery points to a FTP site
- NAS Backup: Allows you to back files up to a network attached storage device
- Advanced Compression: Compresses folders to create more space
- Advanced Encryption: Protects documents from unauthorized users
- System Protection: Allows you to restore your systems and files, even if your computer's operating system won't start up
- Google Desktop Integration: Create searchable backup indexes
- LightsOutRestore: Allows you to restore your system without help from a bootable CD
- Remote Management: Remotely control Norton Ghost (12.0 or higher) installations
- Scheduled P2V: Make a virtual disk of your latest backup
- Older Version Support: Lets you restore disk images made from older versions of Norton Ghost
- Many Storage Options: Lets you choose from a variety of storage methods such as, network devices, Blu-ray, CD, DVD, USB, FireWire devices, and zip drives